skip to main content

Chancel Gates

The Chancel screen that inspired our Chancel Gates was originally designed by Gilbert Scott in the late 19th century and made by Skidmore & Co of Coventry.

Scott carried out extensive restorations in Salisbury Cathedral between 1863-78. The Chancel screen was in place by 1874 and was removed in 1959.

The original was in wrought iron, gilded and painted red. Our replica is simply finished in sky-grey satin paint.

Chancel Gate
Chancel Gate top
Chancel Drawing
Chancel Gate detail
Chancel Gates
Share this page:
Share via email

Share this page

Share via email