skip to main content

Tedworth House

/media/projects/library/web-pg-1-gate-c-ted.gif /media/projects/library/web-pg-2-ted-gate-c.gif/media/projects/library/web-pg-3-ted-gate-c.gif/media/projects/library/web-pg-4-ted-gate-c.gif

The origins of the fine old mansion of Tedworth House in Wiltshire are unclear but it was for many years a well known sporting estate, and at one time the home of the statesman Lord Broughton (1786-1869), when it was visited by the Duke of Wellington.   

Restructured and extended by John Johnson between 1878-1879, the house is now owned by the Ministry of Defence and is used by the Help for Heroes charity as a recovery centre for wounded or sick soldiers.

In collaboration with Vinci Construction Ltd and Quinlan and Francis Terry Architects, Peter Weldon Iron Designs has installed five new gate entrances that were kindly donated by Vinci Construction. The ironwork was designed at our studios in South Wales, and manufactured under our direction in Bulgaria by Aquairon. Installation was carried out by our partner, Charlie Griffiths.



Tedworth House is one of four recovery centres run by Help for Heroes, which forms part of the Defence Recovery Capability.  Tedworth House aims to inspire wounded, injured, sick and returning veterans to lead active, independent and fulfilling lives.  

Help for Heroes supports veterans and serving personnel who have been wounded, injured, or become sick, while serving our country. The charity provides immediate, direct support to individuals and their families, as well as building long-term support for the future.  

To date, Help for Heroes has spent or allocated more than £50m for individual support, including direct grants to more than 2,500 individuals, and spent or allocated £75m to fund capital projects, including a nationwide network of recovery centres.

Share this page:
Share via email

Share this page

Share via email